Welcome to Casco Maine
Welcome to Casco Maine. Casco is the heart of Maine's Lake Region and the home to eight lakes and ponds, including Maine's second largest lake, Sebago Lake.
The Town of Casco now accepts the following credit cards at the Town Office only.
- American Express
A third-party convenience fee will apply for using a credit card. The fee will be disclosed to the cardholder at the time of the transaction. The cardholder will have the option to decline the fee and make payment via check or cash. The fee will be 2.5% of the transaction amount, with a $1.00 minimum.
Be notified of
Our hours of operation
|Monday||9:00am - 4:30pm|
|Tuesday||11:30am - 7:00pm|
|Wednesday||9:00am - 4:30pm|
|Thursday||9:00am - 4:30pm|
|Friday||9:00am - 4:30pm|
|Closed All Legal Holidays|
Phone: (207) 627-4515
FAX: (207) 627-4180
Hot topics are items selected by Town staff intending to highlight subjects of local community significance or interest. Posting of a hot topics subject is not an endorsement of that subject.
Inquiries may be made via the contact us section of this website.
2014 CASCO BUSINESS & ENERGY SHOWCASE
Hello Casco Business Owners, We would like to know if you are interested in participating at the 5th Casco Business and Energy Showcase on Election Day November 4th 2014. This will be a great opportunity to showcase your business, products or services that benefit our community. It will also provide an opportunity to network with our town residents and other businesses and organizations.
Click Here for more information.
Special Town Meeting
In the name of the State of Maine you are required to notify and warn the inhabitant of said Town of Casco qualified to vote in town affairs to meet at the Casco Community Center on Wednesday, the 24th day of September AD 2014 at 7:00 p.m., then and there to act on Articles 1 through 7 as set out below.
- Special Town Meeting 09-24-14 FINAL.pdf
- addendum 1 town Mtg. 9-24-14.pdf
- addendum 2 Town Mtg. 9-24-14.pdf
- addendum 3 Town Mtg. 9-24-14.pdf
- addendum 4 Town Mtg. 9-24-14.pdf
- addendum 5 Town Mtg. 9-24-14.pdf
Click Here to go to the Casco Floodplain Management page and learn what's coming from FEMA.
For details on any of the following hot topic items, just click the link.
- Rt 11 Road Work Contact Information
- Select Board Presentation by Christine Powers - March 4, 2014
- Maine Revenue Sharing Issue - LR 2721
- Representative Christine Powers
Hunger Action Month - The Lake Region Hunger Action Month Committee is comprised of civic groups, businesses, churches, schools, food bank representatives, hunger advocacy groups, and non-profits all interested in bring awareness to hunger in our community, and to start the dialogue in how we together can work toward short and long-term solutions.”
Click to view the Hunger Action Calendar.pdf and see how many you can do through the month of September.
On November 4th, new laws will go into effect. Below is a summary of some of the more notable changes. The Legislature voted to:
- Protect promised revenue sharing funds that local communities use to support vital services without significant property tax hikes (LD 1762)
- Increase the new Property Tax Fairness Credit for seniors and low- and middle-income Mainers (LD 1751) [This was a bill I co-sponsored]
- Protect domestic violence victims with changes to the bail system and by keeping contact information confidential (LD 1656)
- Hold the very worst repeat drunk drivers more accountable for their actions by enabling prosecutors to take all of a driver's previous felony OUI convictions into account when filing new charges. (LD 1729)
- Make health care costs more transparent for consumers (LD 1642)
- Increase the chances that a patient needing a bone marrow transplant will find a donor (LD 1600)
- Crack down on predatory online lenders that make unlicensed payday loans (LD 1691) [This was a bill I sponsored]
- Ensure that Iraq and Afghanistan veterans can access a modest property tax exemption that veterans of earlier conflicts already receive (LD 1696)
- Urge the federal government to compensate Maine National Guard veterans for Agent Orange exposure from training at the military base at Gagetown, New Brunswick (LD 1632)
- Help feed hungry students during summer vacation (LD 1353)
- Make it easier for small businesses to raise money for charity in their communities (LD 1799)
The new Zoning Ordinance is available online or for purchase at the Town Office for $20.00.
The Town of Casco currently has openings on the following town committees/boards:
- Zoning Board of Appeals
- Conservation Committee
Anyone interested in serving on a committee should contact the Casco Town Office at (207) 627-4515 or e-mail Town Manager David Morton.
Lake Region Television
Lake Region TV will broadcast Casco Selectboard meetings. The channel & schedule for your location can be verified at Lake Region TV. You can also view previously recorded meetings on the Agenda & Minutes page or view the Casco televised events live. Click here to view live streaming.
Town of Casco
635 Meadow Road
Casco, ME 04015