Welcome to Casco Maine
Welcome to Casco Maine. Casco is the heart of Maine's Lakes Region and the home to eight lakes and ponds, including Maine's second largest lake, Sebago Lake.
Our hours of operation
|Monday||9:00am - 4:30pm|
|Tuesday||11:30am - 7:00pm|
|Wednesday||9:00am - 4:30pm|
|Thursday||9:00am - 4:30pm|
|Friday||9:00am - 4:30pm|
|Closed All Legal Holidays|
Phone: (207) 627-4515
FAX: (207) 627-4180
Updated: June 22, 2012
Call for Transfer Station closures at 627-7585
- Dec 24th - Bulky Waste
- Dec 26th - Bulky Waste
- Dec 31st - Bulky Waste closing at noon
Hot topics are items selected by Town staff intending to highlight subjects of local community significance or interest. Posting of a hot topics subject is not an endorsement of that subject.
Inquiries may be made via the contact us section of this website.
For details on any of the following hot topic items, just click the link.
- Senator Angus King Announces First Rotation of December Constituent Outreach Hours. The one nearest to us is Windham Town Office Dec 11, 2013 — 10:00 AM -12:00 PM 8 School Road Windham. For a list of all locations, Click Here.
- Preliminary Flood Insurance Rate Maps
- RTP Lakes Region Bus will begin service Monday, November 25th. (Free through the remainder of the year) The bus service operates five days a week serving the Rte. 302 corridor from Naples to Portland. The list of bus stops, a map and schedule are attached. Bus service will be provided in two shifts, from 6:00 a.m. to 11:45 and 3:00 p.m. to 8:20 p.m. RTP will be using a 22 passenger diesel-hybrid bus for the route.
- Vision Government Solutions Casco Database
- Tax Acquired Properties For Sale
- Tenney Hill Reparations Funds
- Tar Sands Oil
- Representative Christine Powers
The new Zoning Ordinance is available online or for purchase at the Town Office for $20.00.
2012 Annual Town Reports are now available at the town office.
The Town of Casco currently has openings on the following town committees/boards:
- Zoning Board of Appeals
- Conservation Committee
Anyone interested in serving on a committee should contact the Casco Town Office at (207) 627-4515 or e-mail Town Manager David Morton.
Lake Region Television
Lake Region TV will broadcast Casco Selectboard meetings. The channel & schedule for your location can be verified at Lake Region TV. You can also view previously recorded meetings on the Agenda & Minutes page or view the Casco televised events live. Click here to view live streaming.
Casco Fire Announces Online Burning Permits Now Available 10‐07‐12
Casco Fire Department is pleased to announce that residents may now receive a burning permit online. Residents can go to www.burningpermit.com to apply for a permit. The website is very user friendly and is free of charge.
Once a permit is applied for, the user can check the status of the permit to see if it is approved. The approval will take anywhere from 15-30 minutes. Once approved, the permit can be printed.
The online permit system is available seven days a week from 9:00am to 4:30pm. According to Fire Chief Jason Moen, “this online service is part of the department’s technology improvement plan. Our goal is to improve our service delivery thru the use of technology.”
The Town of Casco will not issue burning permits when the winds are higher than 10 mph. Permits will be valid until 10pm on any given day.
When the Town Office is closed, they can be obtained at the Casco/Naples Transfer Station for the day you want to burn as long as permits are issued on that day. May also obtain online for a fee: Maine Burn Permits Online. Also check out the Maine Fire Danger page.
Town of Casco
635 Meadow Road
Casco, ME 04015