Welcome to Casco Maine
Welcome to Casco Maine. Casco is the heart of Maine's Lake Region and the home to eight lakes and ponds, including Maine's second largest lake, Sebago Lake.
The Town of Casco now accepts the following credit cards at the Town Office only.
- American Express
A third-party convenience fee will apply for using a credit card. The fee will be disclosed to the cardholder at the time of the transaction. The cardholder will have the option to decline the fee and make payment via check or cash. The fee will be 2.5% of the transaction amount, with a $1.00 minimum.
Be notified of
Our hours of operation
|Monday||9:00am - 4:30pm|
|Tuesday||11:30am - 7:00pm|
|Wednesday||9:00am - 4:30pm|
|Thursday||9:00am - 4:30pm|
|Friday||9:00am - 4:30pm|
|Closed All Legal Holidays|
Phone: (207) 627-4515
FAX: (207) 627-4180
Hot topics are items selected by Town staff intending to highlight subjects of local community significance or interest. Posting of a hot topics subject is not an endorsement of that subject.
Inquiries may be made via the contact us section of this website.
Uranium in Private Well Water
The following is a collection of links that can help you understand the risk of elevated levels of uranium in your private well.
- Uranium Androscoggin City Map.pdf
- Uranium Cumberland City Map.pdf
- Uranium Top 10 Towns Table.pdf
- Maine Public Health - Private Wells
- Maine.gov - Well Water
2014 CASCO BUSINESS & ENERGY SHOWCASE
Hello Casco Business Owners, We would like to know if you are interested in participating at the 5th Casco Business and Energy Showcase on Election Day November 4th 2014. This will be a great opportunity to showcase your business, products or services that benefit our community. It will also provide an opportunity to network with our town residents and other businesses and organizations.
Click Here for more information.
Click Here to go to the Casco Floodplain Management page and learn what's coming from FEMA.
For details on any of the following hot topic items, just click the link.
Property Tax Services
The Town of Casco is pleased to announce its participation in the Maine PayPort ePayment Property Tax Service. This 24/7 online service allows payment of current fiscal year real estate and personal property taxes by credit card. If you owe previous year(s) taxes, you will not be able to use this service.
Please note, Maine PayPort is a third party payment processor and there is a fee to use of this service. The fee is a minimum of $1.00 or 2.5%, whichever is greater.
You will need the following information to use the service.
- Account number
- Map – Lot number
- Street address of property
- Zip Code
- Click Here: Online Property Tax Payment Service
If you are unsure of whether you have the correct information or if you owe previous year(s) taxes please contact the Town Office at (207) 627-4515.
Deputy Treasurer/Tax Collector
Town of Casco
635 Meadow Road
Casco, ME 04015
Phone (207) 627-4515 ext. 207
Fax (207) 627-4180
Town of Casco Administrative Secretary Part Time
Interested applicants should complete a Town of Casco Job application and attach a resume and deliver to the Casco Town office by Tuesday October 28th. Job information and applications may be obtained at the Casco Town office 635 Meadow Road Casco, Maine 04015. The Town of Casco is an equal opportunity employer.
On November 4th, new laws will go into effect. Below is a summary of some of the more notable changes. The Legislature voted to:
- Protect promised revenue sharing funds that local communities use to support vital services without significant property tax hikes (LD 1762)
- Increase the new Property Tax Fairness Credit for seniors and low- and middle-income Mainers (LD 1751) [This was a bill I co-sponsored]
- Protect domestic violence victims with changes to the bail system and by keeping contact information confidential (LD 1656)
- Hold the very worst repeat drunk drivers more accountable for their actions by enabling prosecutors to take all of a driver's previous felony OUI convictions into account when filing new charges. (LD 1729)
- Make health care costs more transparent for consumers (LD 1642)
- Increase the chances that a patient needing a bone marrow transplant will find a donor (LD 1600)
- Crack down on predatory online lenders that make unlicensed payday loans (LD 1691) [This was a bill I sponsored]
- Ensure that Iraq and Afghanistan veterans can access a modest property tax exemption that veterans of earlier conflicts already receive (LD 1696)
- Urge the federal government to compensate Maine National Guard veterans for Agent Orange exposure from training at the military base at Gagetown, New Brunswick (LD 1632)
- Help feed hungry students during summer vacation (LD 1353)
- Make it easier for small businesses to raise money for charity in their communities (LD 1799)
The new Zoning Ordinance is available online or for purchase at the Town Office for $20.00.
The Town of Casco currently has openings on the following town committees/boards:
- Zoning Board of Appeals
- Conservation Committee
Anyone interested in serving on a committee should contact the Casco Town Office at (207) 627-4515 or e-mail Town Manager David Morton.
Lake Region Television
Lake Region TV will broadcast Casco Selectboard meetings. The channel & schedule for your location can be verified at Lake Region TV. You can also view previously recorded meetings on the Agenda & Minutes page or view the Casco televised events live. Click here to view live streaming.
Town of Casco
635 Meadow Road
Casco, ME 04015