Welcome to Casco Maine
Welcome to Casco Maine. Casco is the heart of Maine's Lake Region and the home to eight lakes and ponds, including Maine's second largest lake, Sebago Lake.
The Town of Casco now accepts the following credit cards at the Town Office only.
- American Express
A third-party convenience fee will apply for using a credit card. The fee will be disclosed to the cardholder at the time of the transaction. The cardholder will have the option to decline the fee and make payment via check or cash. The fee will be 2.5% of the transaction amount, with a $1.00 minimum.
Be notified of
Our hours of operation
|Monday||9:00am - 4:30pm|
|Tuesday||11:30am - 7:00pm|
|Wednesday||9:00am - 4:30pm|
|Thursday||9:00am - 4:30pm|
|Friday||9:00am - 4:30pm|
|Closed All Legal Holidays|
Phone: (207) 627-4515
FAX: (207) 627-4180
Hot topics are items selected by Town staff intending to highlight subjects of local community significance or interest. Posting of a hot topics subject is not an endorsement of that subject.
Inquiries may be made via the contact us section of this website.
Click Here to go to the Casco Floodplain Management page and learn what's coming from FEMA.
For details on any of the following hot topic items, just click the link.
- Rt 11 Road Work Contact Information
- Select Board Presentation by Christine Powers - March 4, 2014
- Maine Revenue Sharing Issue - LR 2721
- Representative Christine Powers
Camp Sunshine 30 Years
Camp Sunshine was first launched in Casco, Maine and has grown and prospered. This program has not only provided wonderful opportunities for children and families racing difficult and devastating circumstances, but also brings the community together .
Camp Sunshine's dedicated staff and volunteers have had a positive impact on the world around us and also shines a bright light on the on their sense of pride and accomplishments.
On November 4th, new laws will go into effect. Below is a summary of some of the more notable changes. The Legislature voted to:
- Protect promised revenue sharing funds that local communities use to support vital services without significant property tax hikes (LD 1762)
- Increase the new Property Tax Fairness Credit for seniors and low- and middle-income Mainers (LD 1751) [This was a bill I co-sponsored]
- Protect domestic violence victims with changes to the bail system and by keeping contact information confidential (LD 1656)
- Hold the very worst repeat drunk drivers more accountable for their actions by enabling prosecutors to take all of a driver's previous felony OUI convictions into account when filing new charges. (LD 1729)
- Make health care costs more transparent for consumers (LD 1642)
- Increase the chances that a patient needing a bone marrow transplant will find a donor (LD 1600)
- Crack down on predatory online lenders that make unlicensed payday loans (LD 1691) [This was a bill I sponsored]
- Ensure that Iraq and Afghanistan veterans can access a modest property tax exemption that veterans of earlier conflicts already receive (LD 1696)
- Urge the federal government to compensate Maine National Guard veterans for Agent Orange exposure from training at the military base at Gagetown, New Brunswick (LD 1632)
- Help feed hungry students during summer vacation (LD 1353)
- Make it easier for small businesses to raise money for charity in their communities (LD 1799)
TOWN OF CASCO
PROPOSED ZONING CHANGES
DATES OF MEETINGS AND HEARING
PLEASE NOTE THE FOLLOWING DATES REGARDING PROPOSED ZONING CHANGES:
- SEPTEMBER 8, 2014: PLANNING BOARD 2ND PUBLIC HEARING IF REQUIRED
- SEPTEMBER 24, 2014: SPECIAL TOWN MEETING TO VOTE ON ZONING
ALL MEETINGS TO TAKE PLACE IN THE CASCO COMMUNITY CENTER, 940 MEADOW ROAD, CASCO AT 7:00 P.M. PUBLIC INPUT IS INVITED.
The Planning Board held a Public Hearing on 8 11 14 and accepted the proposed changes to the Zoning Ordinance as listed below. These Articles will be considered by the Board of Selectmen for inclusion on the Special Town Meeting Warrant scheduled for September 24, 2014.
Updated August 18, 2014
- 2014 ZO Accessory Apartment Warrent for Town Mtg draft Aug 11-2014.pdf
- 2014 ZO Back Lot Addition Warrent for Town Mtg July 23,2014.pdf
- 2014 ZO Buffer Revisions Warrent for Town Mtg July 23, 2014.pdf
- 2014 ZO Site Plan Review Revisions Warrent for Town Mtg draft Aug 11-2014.pdf
- 2014 ZO Wetland Revisions Warrent for Town Mtg July 23 2014.pdf
Links to Documents with Changes
The new Zoning Ordinance is available online or for purchase at the Town Office for $20.00.
The Town of Casco currently has openings on the following town committees/boards:
- Zoning Board of Appeals
- Conservation Committee
Anyone interested in serving on a committee should contact the Casco Town Office at (207) 627-4515 or e-mail Town Manager David Morton.
Lake Region Television
Lake Region TV will broadcast Casco Selectboard meetings. The channel & schedule for your location can be verified at Lake Region TV. You can also view previously recorded meetings on the Agenda & Minutes page or view the Casco televised events live. Click here to view live streaming.
Town of Casco
635 Meadow Road
Casco, ME 04015